I foolishly decided to play football up in Edinburgh this weekend and if the 10 hour return journey wasn’t bad enough, we also lost! However this morning while on the bus, it was the very same city that put a smile on my face. Today the Edinburgh festival announced what the funniest jokes of the festival had been as well as naming and shaming those comedians who had flopped with jokes that were more suited to Christmas crackers. With it being Monday, I thought we could all do with a chuckle to lighten up our blues, so here are just a few of the highly praised one-liners:
1) Tim Vine “I’ve just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I’ll tell you what, never again.”
2) David Gibson “I’m currently dating a couple of anorexics. Two birds, one stone.”
3) Emo Philips “I picked up a hitch hiker. You’ve got to when you hit them.”
4) Jack Whitehall “I bought one of those anti-bullying wristbands when they first came out. I say ‘bought’, I actually stole it off a short, fat ginger kid.”
5) Gary Delaney “As a kid I was made to walk the plank. We couldn’t afford a dog.”
It seems a shame for such great gags to not be shared, so why not choose your favourite and help spread some Monday cheer for once! I’ve done a couple of example T-shirts for you below, see which one is your favourite or make your own via the website.